Ministry of Petroleum and gas has provided the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana which will provide clean and safe cooking fuel to the families who came under the poverty line. This scheme is launched by the recent government and is one of the best available scheme which is provided by the government . In this article, you will get complete detail about this scheme.
Objectives of Prandhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) Scheme
This scheme is primarily made for the families who come under the poverty line and will help the women in the poor families to improve their heaths. Usually women use unsafe cooking fuel because they cannot afford the safe one. As a result of this, they get infected by various respirator disease. These scheme will provide 5 Cr free LPG connection to those families. Here are the main motives of this scheme
- This will empower and improve health of women
- This will help to reduce the causalities take place due to unsafe fuel
- This will help to reduce respirator disease in women
- Improve environment
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
You van avail this scheme by going through a simple procure. Here are the steps which you need to follow for this –
- First of all, you need to get the form which is available at the local agency and also online at the official site of the PM Ujjwala Yojana.
- You need to fill all the details all the details which include your name, age aadhar card and bank account details. You also need to mention the type of cylinder which you need.
- Then you need to attach all the documents along with the form which are required.
- In the end, you need to submit this document, You can either do it online using the PM ujjwala Yojana official site and can also offline using the gas agency.
Online Application Form
To apply for this scheme, there is a form available which you need to fill. You can find this form online from PM ujjwala Yojana website. In this form you need to provide all the details which include name, age, aadhar card number, bank account number/Jan dhan account number etc. Also, you need to attach all the documents which are asked in this application form along with this form. Also, you need to mention, which kind of cylinder you need wither 14.2 kg or 5 kg. In the end submit form to nearest gas agency.
Here is the list of all those criteria’s which you need to fulfill to avail this service
- The applicant need to be a women with age 18 or above.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India
- There should not be any LPG connection in the home
- The monthly income of the family should not exceed a specific limit which is defined by the State government and Government of Union Territories.
- There should not any other government scheme issued to applicant
- Applicant name should be same as specified in the section – 2011
Documents needed for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Along with filling the form with all the asked details, you also need to submit some documents. Here is the list of all such documents. Here, the point to note is that, you need to submit only first four documents and rest is an option –
- A BPL certificate authorized by Panchayat Pradhan or Municipality Chairman
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/Voter ID) with photo
- BPL Ration Card
- A recent passport size photograph
- Ration Card
- Flat allotment or possession letter
- Self declaration attested by Gazetted officer
- LIC Policy
- House registration documents
- Bank statement Electricity/Water bill
- Driving license (if any)
- Copy of passport (if any)
- Lease agreement
Recent Events related to PMUY Scheme
On May 28, 2018, there was a conference and a lot of topics over this scheme is discussed in this conference between the honorable prime minister and the beneficiaries. All the details regarding this scheme is provide in this video conference. Main highlights are that this scheme is specifically for the women and for the families which can afford a LPG connection. Also, how this can help women to cook food earlier.
Modi ji also people know that there are LPG panchayats which are set in the rural areas and this Panchayat would help the ladies to use this LPG cylinders safely. Women ca came here and can take the training for the use of this LPG cylinder so that there would not be any miss happening.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – Funding and Budget
This scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Petroleum and Gas and a sum of Rs 2000 Cr has been alloted for the year 2016 – 2017. This scheme would take place for 3 years and therefore, the total budget would be Rs 8000 Cr. Over 1.5 Cr families will get benefit from this scheme. And approximately Rs 1600 IVR support will be given to the associated families.
Check Your Name in BPL List under Ujjwala Yojana
The list of this scheme will be taken from the database of SECC – 2011 and you can check for your name in the list. You can download the list state wise and from there can check for your name as per the state.
The target of this scheme is to provide 5 Cr LPG connection and the list of the states in which it is applied are –
- Uttar Pradesh – May 1, 2016
- Gujarat – May 15, 2016
- Rajasthan – May 15, 2016
- Odisha – June 20, 2016
- Uttarakhand – June 9, 2016
- Madhya Pradesh – July 4, 2016
- Bihar – June 28, 2016
These are the list of the states in which this scheme is applicable till now and in future some other state would be added and this completely depend upon the response from present states.